Just another teen T.V. show?

The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another.”
Quentin Crisp.


I have to admit when I first heard that there’s going to be a new show called Gossip Girl, I never really was interested.

I doubted if I was EVER gonna be watching the show. ha!

I saw the trailer and it looked like another O.C. or One Tree Hill. Cheesy, soap opera-ish type that promotes anorexia and underage sex. Bah!

Boy..was I wrong .

Yes my fellow T.V. junkies, I watch Gossip Girl now.

There’s just something about the Upper East Side socialites’ scandals and drama that keeps you at the edge of your seat. It kinda makes you want to see them suffer, doesn’t it? With their perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect lives. Watching their drama, seem to make them more human…even if it’s just television. Television is an imitation of life so they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment